AppId is over the quota
Mobile Observatory is the most complete astronomy app on the Android market and the perfect tool for anybody interestered in the sky's wonders, from the occassional sky gazer to the passionate astronomy-amateur.
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, asteroids as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
Mobile Observatory provides the following features:
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, deep sky objects, currently active meteor streams
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System showing the actual positions of all planets, the Moon and asteroids
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing celestial events for the next 14 days
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information about each star
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sun spot number
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon (works only if the app is not copied to the SD card!)
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database of 20 000 cities or online via Google Maps
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon (e.g. find the next conjunction of the Pleiades with the Moon)
- Animated 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
No internet connection is required for the calculations (only for the live-image of the sun). Mobile Observatory uses OpenGL to display the apparent view of the planets and the Moon.
keywords: astronomy, solar system, planet, stars, telescope, meteor, live sky map, asteroids, minor planets, mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, galileian, saturn, uranus, neptune, ceres, vesta, juno, erosMobile Observatory Pro was developed for Android by KreApp Development
Package name : com.kreappdev.astroid
System permissions : 4 Click here to show/hide list
I am the developer of this Application !